"K" Streets of New York
Kips Bay Farm.
Kearney Place. (L19) Now West 178th Street between Amsterdam and Audubon Avenues.
Kemps Dock. (E19) West of Washington Street between Vestry and Desbrosses Streets.
Kent Place. (M-L20) Ran from Pearl to Baxter Street along the southeast side of the New York State Courthouse. Eliminated circa 1990.
Kerley's Wharf. (L18-E19) On the East River southwest of Roosevelt Street.
Kierson Place. (E20) Ran from Isham Street to West 213th Street, parallel to and one block west of Seaman Avenue. Its site is now within Isham Park.
King George Street. (M-L18) Until 1794, the name for the part of William Street between Frankfort and Pearl Streets. All of the former King George Street was demapped for various projects in the mid-20th Century. Stokes errs in saying that the former King George Street became North William Street.
King Street (1). (L17-L18) So called by 1693, it has been Pine Street since 1794.
King Street (2). (L17) On the 1695 Miller Plan, the name of the present William Street between Hanover Square and Wall Street.
King Street Wharf. (l17) Built In 1692 at the foot of what is now Pine Street
Kings Highway. (n.d.) According to Post, a term for Chatham Street and the Bowery.
King's Road. (M-L18) Pearl Street between Franklin Square and Park Row
King's Wharf. (M-L18) On the Hudson River between Cortlandt and Dey Streets.
Kingsbridge Avenue. The part from Terrace View Avenue to Spuyten Duyvil Creek was renamed Marble Hill Avenue in 1905.
Kingsbridge Road (1). (E18-L19) There was a crude road to the northern tip of the island even before the opening of the King’s Bridge in 1693. However, “Kingsbridge Road” usually refers to the widened and improved road built north from 23rd Street about 1708, and especially to the part north of the fork at 109th Street. (The road up to fork came to be known the Eastern Post Road.) Kingsbridge Road from 110th to 170th Streets is now St Nicholas Avenue It is now Broadway from 170th Street to Marble Hill, where it turned west on West 228th Street and crossed Harlem Creek on what was later Kingsbridge Avenue. After the opening of the Harlem Bridge Road from 90th Street, shortly after 1800, the name Kingsbridge Road was applied to the section of the Eastern Post Road between 90th and the 109th Street. Most of this stretch has been incorporated into the East Drive of Central Park. See also Weckquasgeck Road.
Kingsbridge Road (2) or Road To Kingsbridge. See Harlem Road (1).
Kingsbridge Road (3). (L19) Old Broadway is labeled Kingsbridge Road in the 1877 Perris & Brown Atlas.
Kip Street. (L17-M18) A former name of Nassau Street. The Miller Plan (1695) applies it to the entire street, which then ran only as far as Maiden Lane. On a survey of the following year, it is labeled Nassau Street up to Maiden Lane, while its new extension to the north is called Kip Street. All of Kip Street was merged into Nassau Street by 1767.
Kip's Bay Street. (E19) A street in the subdivision of the Kip's Bay Farm. It ran from about the present 35th Street and Lexington Avenue to the edge of the bay at 34th Street, where the shoreline was about 200 feet west of the present First Avenue.
Kirkpatrick Place. (L19) East 74th Street between Fifth and Madison Avenues.
Knapp('s) Place. (M-L19) A rear court on the south side of East 10th Street between Avenue C and Dry Dock Street.
Knapp's Lane. (L19) Ran from the present Amsterdam Avenue to Broadway beween 160th and 161st Streets.
Knickerbocker Place. (L19) West 179th Street between Audubon and Amsterdam Avenues.
Knowlton Place. (E 20) Ran from 165th to 168th Streets between Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue. Its site is now part of the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center.
Koninck Straet. (L17-E18) The Dutch form of King Street, now Pine Street. It appears on the Selyns list.
Kruger's Wharf. See Cruger's Wharf.
Find Street Name